Friday, May 11, 2007

Whew! Busy week!

I'm glad Fridy has finally arrived. It was a really busy week. The last of the legislative budget hearings were held yesterday and I have lived in a world of emergency meetings, rapid-fire e-mails, explanations, excuses, and general bull sh*t. This is par for the course this time of year, but with California's sketchy financial picture, things have been pretty interesting.

The Governator's revised budget comes out on Monday, so we should know what the next fiscal yer will look like soon- provided it gets through the legislature. The department I work for provides funding for services to the developmentally disabled. The work we do is important and I hope if there are budget hits to be endured, we come out this is good shape. We have been lucky in recent years, but it is always a bit scary knowing that the welfare of thousands of people largely unable to fend for themselves could be at stake. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I had a great workout at the gym last night. Since I hadn't been since last Saturday, there was no way I could even think of skipping. I had Sweetie's event to attend on Tuesday night, so I missed that gym trip. I have also tried to go on Sundays over the winter and spring months, but last Sunday I was very sore from all the work I did on Saturday. After last night's workout, I feel great today. Hey, that's a good thing to be able to say at 5:00am!

We have a very busy week next week. Rehearsals on Monday and Thursday, and a concert on Saturday the 19th. Sweetie wants to host the after concert party here at the house afterward. That means we could have between 40 and 60 people here that evening. Clean-up after such parties is usually a huge task. On Monday the 21st, the electricians come to put in the new lighting we contracted for. We would like to get the carpets cleaned, too, because Sweetie's parents arrive on Wednesday the 23rd in advance of our trip to Hawaii on the 26th. I will need that Hawaiian vacation to recover from the the coming events!

Work will probably be quiet today now that the worst of budget season is past. Maybe I can look forward to a quiet dinner on the patio tonight wih Sweetie before I start my weekend chores.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: