Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Early morning

If there was eve a morning that I would have loved to throw the alarm clock out the window, it was this morning. We had our first of the two final rehearsals before our concert this weekend. These final rehearsals usually start earlier than normal and last a bit later. Plus, it was held at the church downtown where we will perform. It was pretty close to 11:00pm by the time I got to bed. Now, that doesn't sound too late, especially to you night owls, but for those of us that get up before the sun (4:30am), it makes for a short night.

I had a big workgroup meeting yesterday afternoon on my project. It went well. As a result, I have a couple of hours of work today to advance it, then the rest of the day should be rather routine. If that routine included a nice cold Margarita at one of the bars on the river, I sure wouldn't complain. It was about 90F yesterday, and should be about the same today.

Tonight would normally be my gym night, but I may play hookie. My final dress rehearsal is on Thurday, my other regular mid-week gym night, and with myshortened sleep llast night, I may go to the gymon Wednesday night instead.

One good thing (?) about living a very normal and somewhat predictable life is that I don't have any drama to write about. Unlike some of the blogs I read where the writers are dealing with life stresses that just boggle my mind, I just sort of roll along, not unlike the steady flow of the Sacramento river. I feel so bad for many of these bloggers. I have begun to leave a few comments where I had never done so before. My words can really do nothing, but I do hope that some support can be found in the positive thoughts I have for these fine people. I also read many blogs of people that experience life at a much faster pace than I and as a result, have tons of interesting and funny stories to write about. I'll work on that part. But I have always been a cautious and somewhat sedate fellow, so I doubt that I'll ever have the calibre of stories that many of you have. I'll keep working at it. Perhaps I'll find my voice.

Well friends, time to get ready for work. Keep good thoughts, have fun, and may your troubles be shown the nearest exit.

Have a great day!

No comments: