Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Survived

What a day Saturday turned out to be. I have been mentioning the concert for a few days now, and it was last night. But more than that, Sweetie had volunteered us to host the end-of-season party here at the house following the concert. That really was what shaped my day yesterday.

I slept in yesterday morning all the way to 5:45am. For me, that's kinda late, since I get up at about 4:30 every morning. I read e-mail, then went to the gym at 7:00am for two hours. Sweetie and I went for coffee and a bite to eat when I got home. We were there for about 45 minutes.

When we got home, I knew I had to get to the store to make something for the party, so off to the store. I went I bought a bunch of packages of chicken thighs that I was going to barbeque and then re-heat when I got home from the concert. I also bought the fixings for my famous cole slaw. When I got home from the store, I made the slaw and put the chicken into the marinade.

My next task was to get the yard in order. I worked outside for about four hours getting everything clipped, trimmed, mowed, swept, washed, etc. Then I had to get all of the tables and chairs set up. That done, I grilled the chicken, and had a few minutes to get cleaned up and dressed for the concert.

I left the house at about 5:45 to get to the church downtown where the concert was to be held. The concert started at 8:00pm and ended at 10:20pm. So after my very busy day I sang a two-hour concert. But was that the end of my day? Nooooooo!!

I left the concert and raced back to the house to get everything opened up for the arrival of our guests. We had about 50 people here after the concert. It was a potluck, so everyone brought food and drinks.

The house and yard looked really beautiful, and it was a lovely evening here. There was a slight breeze and it was not nearly as warm as it could have been. People mingled, ate, drank, and generally had a great time. Since the concert lasted so late, folks stayed until around 2:00am. Then the clean-up began.

I cleaned up outside, Sweetie cleaned up inside. We both had everything done before we went to bed. We got to bed around 3:30am. It is now 9:30am and I am actually doing pretty well, considering the day I had. I feel a bit wrung-out, but I guess that is to be expected.

It was such a successful concert. We were nearly sold-out. And even with all the effort yesterday, the party turned out well, too. I am tired today and will probably take it easy.

Tomorrow, the electricians arrive to do the electrical install I have mentioned. Tuesday, the carpets are being cleaned. Wednesday, the housekeeper comes to clean. Wednesday night, the in-laws arrive, then on Saaturday, we are all off to Hawaii. A busy week awaits.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. I hear Sweetie taking a shower, so that means I had better get my ass in gear as well.

Have a great day!

No comments: