Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bursting with pride

I went to a function last night that was put on by Sweetie. It is connected to what he does for a living. I'm not ready to reveal too much about what Sweetie does for a living, but let's just say that last night's function was a sort of culmination of effort of the past four or five months.

Even after all of these years, it is a wonderful thing to go to these events, watch Sweetie in action, and just be so proud of him. He is a very smart and talented man and I love to watch him. He has frustrations in his work life that we all have, but he has the ability to showcase his efforts. This type of thing helps many those frustrations melt away. I guess true love reveals itself to us in small ways. The fullness I felt in my heart last night was one of those little revelations for me.

The heat continues here in the west. I see on the news that there is a major fire burning near/in Griffith Park in Los Angeles. Due to how dry it is out here in the summer, large portions of the State burn in wildfires. Often, large numbers of homes are burnt. I am fortunate to never have suffered such a loss, although the cabin up in the Sierras that my father bought in 1950 and left to us when he died has been threatened several times over the years, but only because fire were burning within ten to fifteen air miles away. We never had to evacuate, unlike scores of unlucky families every year. I have managed to escape any losses due to the fires or earthquakes!

Sweetie and I will probably have a nice dinner, perhaps on the patio if not too hot, tonight. It will be good to have a quiet evening, free of some of life's stresses, and just enjoy each other's company.

Have a great day!

No comments: