Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Morning Update

Got my two hours in at the gym this morning. What a great workout! It is becoming very quiet at the gym now that schools are back in session and the weather is turning cooler. This is great for me- no crowds or chatty people to deal with. I really like to just get there, get my workout in, and get out. I will probably go back again tomorrow for another two hours.
It is turning out to be a beautiful day. After I got to the gym, the fog formed, and it was very damp, cool, and thick. This is not unusual for here in the central valley. Later in the winter, we have what is called tule fog. This forms from the cool temperatures and high moisture in the air from all of the marshlands that surround the city. Sacramento is a major migration stop for migrating birds traveling on the great Pacific flyway between Central Americal and Canada. It is really interesting, but the wetlands that are prime bird sanctuaries, help to allow fog to form here all winter long.

With the fog having burnt off, it is warming up fast. It is about 11:15am, and the temperature is 62F and rising. It will be in the mid 70s by afternoon.


I will be taking a break from yard work today. I will do a little work on the pool, and I bought some apples this morning to make an apple pie. Dinner is already in the crock pot, so I am all set for tonight. Sweetie should be a happy camper!


Here is a little view of our backyard. This photo was taken earlier in the summer. It is not looking quite so good now. Many of the plants are starting to wane for this year. Soon, I will be doing some major pruning. The work never stops, and I swear, the yard is getting bigger every year!!

Have a great day!


-Tim



No comments: