Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Off to the gym

Not a bad day at the office, and it is all made better since this is only a four day work week for State employees. Monday we celebrated Columbus Day. It was great to have an extra day to just catch up on chores.

Sweetie had to teach, so he was not a real happy camper with me. I gave him some lip, since he is off for about five weeks at Christmas and all summer!

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but since Sweetie is turning 50 in December, I decided to take him on a trip to celebrate. After trying to come to some agreement, we settled on a week in Dublin, Ireland. We leave on December 26th.

I had wanted to do something special for him, but that time of year makes it hard. His parents are not in great health, so trying to get them out here would have been a real task. Sweetie seems pleased with Ireland, so this should be a very special trip. Now I have set the bar pretty high. He will have a similar task next year, asI will turn 50 in December 2008. Now, where would I like to go...????????????

Well, I had better get to the gym. Getting to be this age requires more and more maintenance!

Special note:

Scotty, thanks for returning my e-mail. I appreciate your time, but as I said, I will not bother you with a call. Just know that I have been a real fan, and will miss reading your blog. Best of luck!
DCT

No comments: