Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chilly Morning

It is a chilly morning here in NorCal, about 52F. For here, at this time of year, pretty cool. We had a bit of rain yesterday and again last night. The rains have started early this year. Good news for us after one of the driest years on record.

I had a pleasant surprise at work yesterday. It was Boss' Day. I had not heard a thing about this, although in past years, I have both received attention on Boss' Day as well as having celebrated my own bosses on that day. It was a complete surprise yesterday when my staff announced that they were taking me to lunch. We went to a Mexican taqueria in South Sacramento, a few miles south of downtown where we work. It was a very nice gesture indeed!

I didn't worry about eating too much, since last night was gym night. I did a solid two-hour workout, complete with my 3.25 mile run to start things off. I feel pretty darn good this morning.

It is going to be a fairly routine day at the office today. I have one meeting scheduled to talk over a pending issue with one of our staff attorneys. Should be no big deal.

I get an evening at home tonight- no rehearsals, no chores, no gym tonight. I will probably will stop for a haircut on the way home. I wear my hair very short and it has been about five weeks since the last. I find that with my hair getting more gray by the day, wearing it short helps hide that fact. I was blonde in my younger years and most people mistake the gray hair for highlights when it is cut really short. Joke's on them. I have never colored my hair at all.

Well, off to the showers to get ready for the day.

Take care.

-Tim

No comments: