Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Good morning, world!

A happy Tuesday to you all. It is about 4:50am here on the west coast. Yes, I am a very early riser, been up for about half an hour now, but what a beautiful time of the morning it is. Sweetie is still sleeping. He is the night owl, I am an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kind of guy. The house is very quiet at this hour and I enjoy doing a few chores before getting ready for work.

I think spring will arrive here in California today. We have been having a run of cool and damp weather, ending with a wet weekend this past weekend. The highs were in the 60's over the weekend, but today it could be near 80. For you frozen folks back east, does it seem strange to go from winter to spring in just two days?

We had a very nice March. Sweetie and I have had dinner on the patio about a dozen times already this year thanks to warm and dry weather. But that all went away about two weeks ago. Now, spring must be here for good.

I had a rehearsal with the group I perform with last night. It is going well. An upcoming concert will be the last of this concert season and then I get a break for the summer. This has been my 21st season performing with this group and although I love it, I really look forward to summer break.

Today will be another day of work, followed by an evening at the gym. I try to get to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I go for a two hour session. First, I run 3.25 miles on the treadmill, starting at 7.3 miles per hour. I up the speed at mile 2 to 7.5, and then bump it up to 7.8 for the last .25. I really work up a sweat! Then, I do a circuit on weight machines for about an hour and a half. Basically, a general whole body workout.

I must say, it has really helped me to look better. I stand a little over 5' 10", and weigh in at right about 180lbs. I have never been a slight individual, but with a fairly tight waist, 31" or 32", depending on the cut of the pants, I feel pretty good about things.

I got my first comment! Thank you, Bigg! I have been reading a blog by this remarkable guy in Pennsylvania. Bigg has a beautifully written blog and a very compelling story. Anyone reading this should go on over and take a look. He is a gay man going down life's road like the rest of us, but his road has had a few more twists and turns than many, especially mine. He is a dedicated father, an unbelievably hard worker, and even though I have only read his words, I know I admire and respect him. He displays the qualities that all of us should strive for. Take a look.

Well, my friends, time to get ready for work. I ride the light rail train to work and it leaves at 6:45am. So it's time to haul my carcass to the bathroom and get ready. Have a wonderful day!

Regards to all.

No comments: