Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy Weekend

Wow! What a busy weekend this was. On Friday night, Sweetie and I went out to Davis to see a production of Pirates of Penzance by a touring British theater company. It was very enjoyable. I had neve seen it staged before, but I had performed one of the choruses from the show a number of years ago.

On Saturday morning, we attended and sang at a memorial service for the mother of an old friend. I was a little nervous because rumor had it that a former boyfriend of mine might be there. This "ex" was my first boyfriend and he is the one I broke up with in order to start my relationship with Sweetie. I haven't seen this person in over eighteen years. My worries were for nothing as he was not there. I wouldn't mind seeing him again, but I don't know what that would be like.

The weather here was warm and dry, so on Saturday afternoon, I did my yard work. I worked for about four hours and found out later that the temperature hit about 90F. I knew it was warm, but not that warm!

Saturday night, we attended a sixth birthday party for the little daughter of our good friends. She is getting to be so personable and a joy to be around. We had a fun evening.

Yesterday was a bit quieter. I did my two hours at the gym, and then grilled a tri tip roast on the grill. I replaced all three burners on Saturday, so it works like new again. We had a nice dinner on the patio. It was a bit cooler yesterday and a little breezy. Beautiful.

That was my weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

Have a great day!

No comments: