Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday at last!

We made it through the week and Friday has finally arrived. After a somewhat frustrating day at work yesterday, I can count myself among those who are none to glad to see Friday arrive. I have been working on a project for the past couple of years that seemed to finally be heading to some sort of resolution. In fact, things were progressing so quickly of late that I was feeling a little guilty about going to Hawaii next month- in the middle of what looked like a pretty critical time for this project. Well, as of yesterday, it looks as though things have cooled a bit. Yikes! It gets harder to remain focused in the face of constant and repeated delays.

The hightlight of my day, aside from a nice dinner with my Sweetie, was a good hard workout at the gym. I guess what they say about working out your frustration through exercise is really true.

It looks like it will be a great weekend here in northern California. It was very warm yesterday- in the mid 80's. Even warmer today, they say, with temps close to 90. Perfect! Remember, this is a warm but very dry climate, so even into the 90's, it is still pleasant. I must also have had some reptile blood in my family tree somewhere. I just love the really warm dry weather. I sometimes feel like finding a nice rock and just basking in the full sun!

I would like to send my thoughts out to Ryan and Mike at A guy in Love. Mike had a serious accident and is in the hospital fighting to recover. This blog is a fun read about two young gay guys who found each other and are just starting to build a life together. After finding the love of my life and spending all these years building our life together, it just warms my heart to read about the wonders and frustrations of young love. Please pop over and lend them your support, Godspeed, guys!

Today I have my annual medical check-up. I am hoping to get a good clean bill of health. Last year, I was a bit heavier, cholesterol on the high side, and elevated blood pressure. After a bit of a lecture, I took the bull by the horns, lost twenty pounds, changed my diet and expanded my exercise goals. I feel great, so I am hoping the Doc will say good things. I am also having my annual PSA test and "finger wag". Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of death among adult men, so I'm told, so I cannot tell you how important it is to get tested. I lost my dad to cancer a little over eight years ago. His cancer started out as prostate cancer and over a fifteen year period, progressed to bone cancer. I miss him so much sometimes, even after all these years. So, please, if you are over 40, especially over 45, call for an appointment and get tested. It is no sweat! just a couple of minutes and then you have another year without worries!

I had better see about getting ready to start the day. My appointment is early, before work, so at least I will have that out of my hair soon. Tonight, Sweetie and I are going to see a performance at the Mondavi Performing Arts Center at UC Davis. We will hit a German restaurant on the way. Should be a fun evening.

Regards to all.

No comments: